SS stay at home order

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

wrmnfzy
Platinum Member

SS stay at home order

Post by wrmnfzy »

Received an email from SS saying they are under stay at home order and will not be filling orders until at least April 7. Sorry I deleted all be I thought to copy and paste.
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Re: SS stay at home order

Post by chapmanruss »

I didn't get that email yet as of 11: 22 AM Pacific Time and I have two orders pending. One from February 11 and the other from March 12.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
wrmnfzy
Platinum Member

Re: SS stay at home order with msg copy

Post by wrmnfzy »

Able to recover message from another computer

Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2020 8:16 AM
To: Darryl Martin
Subject: Re: Customer Question

At this time we are currently under a Stay At Home Act for the State of Ohio. That being said we are still able to process orders but we are unable to ship anything out at this time. They are expecting us to be shut down until April 7th or until further notice. I apologize for the inconvenience at this time.
Thanks,
Shopsmith

Shopsmith Customer Service
(937) 890-5197

Dream It! Build It! Share It!
7 Tools -- 1 Great Machine
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

I don't have any orders pending for now so it doesn't personally affect me, but if I had a pending order, I wouldn't hold it against Shopsmith to do that to protect their employees. I don't want to see any of them getting sick anymore than I would want to get sick myself.

I'm willing to accept changes that are necessary to protect people. My Wife and I are staying at home. Today it is 8 days for us and we don't have any plans right now to break our self-imposed quarantine. We have an order in to our local grocery store for home delivery next week so we can stay in for a whille longer.

My Spring outdoor projects are on hold and likely will not happen this Spring. Maybe in the Fall if things are different. To build these projects, I would need to make a trip to Menards for materials, but right now I'm not willing to do that.
ryanbp01
Platinum Member

Post by ryanbp01 »

Just received all of my backordered items today!
BPR
wrmnfzy
Platinum Member

Post by wrmnfzy »

ryanbp01 wrote:Just received all of my backordered items today!
BPR
I had received my order a couple days before I received the email, just thought I would share it.
RetiredNavyChief
Gold Member

Post by RetiredNavyChief »

I ordered the T-Nut kit this past weekend and received an email today that the item has shipped. They must have some staff working.
PowerPro, 500 Shopsmith,Jointer, Bandsaw, Belt Sander, JointMatic, 16/32 Performax Drum Sander, Strip Sander, Shopsmith Planer with Shelix Cutterhead, Shopsmith Pin Router, King 16 inch Scroll Saw