Orders for SS.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

beeg
Platinum Member

Orders for SS.

Post by beeg »

I received a FB message from Renee of CS.

If you or any of your friends need to place any orders for any Shopsmith supplies you can send to me Email:blaker@shopsmith.com
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Orders for SS.

Post by JPG »

beeg wrote:I received a FB message from Renee of CS.

If you or any of your friends need to place any orders for any Shopsmith supplies you can send to me Email:blaker@shopsmith.com
So order entry folks working from home?

Wonder if CS could do the same

Maybe the same folks?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
RFGuy
Platinum Member

Post by RFGuy »

Are they able to fill orders now, i.e. are there workers in the warehouse to box and ship? I thought they were shutdown. Some retailers are taking a month or more to fulfill orders. Found this out the hard way on Amazon recently for certain items. Wouldn't any orders placed now just be parked until the apocalypse is over?
📶RF Guy

Mark V 520 (Bought New '98) | 4" jointer | 6" beltsander | 12" planer | bandsaw | router table | speed reducer | univ. tool rest
Porter Cable 12" Compound Miter Saw | Rikon 8" Low Speed Bench Grinder w/CBN wheels | Jessem Clear-Cut TS™ Stock Guides
Festool (Emerald): DF 500 Q | RO 150 FEQ | OF 1400 EQ | TS 55 REQ | CT 26 E
DC3300 | Shopvac w/ClearVue CV06 Mini Cyclone | JDS AirTech 2000 | Sundstrom PAPR | Dylos DC1100 Pro particulate monitor
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

RFGuy wrote:Are they able to fill orders now, i.e. are there workers in the warehouse to box and ship? I thought they were shutdown. Some retailers are taking a month or more to fulfill orders. Found this out the hard way on Amazon recently for certain items. Wouldn't any orders placed now just be parked until the apocalypse is over?
Maybe.

Maybe orders are so slow coming in that a single person(or more in the same building) could nibble away at fulfilling them on a rotating person basis.

These are times for resourcefulness. Doing things differently from 'normal'.

We had a fire in Tenn a while back(lost office and a building etc.) and everyone then worked from home after getting that all set up. We were site shut down by Govt agencies. Hope we do not have to go through that again!

However something to ponder: An infected order filler contaminating parts and shipping them all over the country! :eek:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
Shawn
Silver Member

Post by Shawn »

I put in an order this week with her. Shopsmith is open and they are shipping. Some people may be working remotely.
Mark V 520 Table System with Jointer, Band saw, Planer, Strip Sander, Biscuit Joiner and DC3300 Dust Collector. DeWalt palm sander, Ryobi 12" sliding miter saw, and hopefully many more items to come.