Order Status

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

jsburger
Platinum Member

Order Status

Post by jsburger »

This morning at 9:00 I placed an order for the new speed chart and wood chart on the email special. I also ordered 6 blade backup rods for the old style jig saw. They also fit the 10ER jig saw.

At 2:30 SS charged my card for the full amount. The order status still says...

"Status: Order Being Processed - We are working to resolve backorders by March 1st"

I am sure it is just a matter of the web site not being updated since SS does not charge your card until the order ships. Maybe I just got lucky this time will tell.

Interesting too is they started customer support on Saturdays not too long ago but apparently the order department is working Saturdays also.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Order Status

Post by JPG »

jsburger wrote:This morning at 9:00 I placed an order for the new speed chart and wood chart on the email special. I also ordered 6 blade backup rods for the old style jig saw. They also fit the 10ER jig saw.

"Status: Order Being Processed - We are working to resolve backorders by March 1st"

I am sure it is just a matter of the web site not being updated since SS does not charge your card until the order ships. Maybe I just got lucky this time will tell.

Interesting too is they started customer support on Saturdays not too long ago but apparently the order department is working Saturdays also.
GEE do you think maybe that is how they are able to be 'catching up'? I guess they are working overtime.

Hope it works!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
rbcsaver
Silver Member

Post by rbcsaver »

On Feb. 19, 2018 I placed an order for the sanding belt tension knob , and roller assembly. 17 days later, and the thing hasn't even shipped yet. My previous, and recent order for drive lugs and one drive connector also took forever.
Customer service told me that they "build each item when ordered." This sounds fishy to me, and smells like they can't afford to keep a few parts on the shelf. Highly disappointing for someone who has owned my Mark V since 1981.
rbcsaver
Silver Member

Post by rbcsaver »

Now March 24 and not even shipped yet.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

rbcsaver wrote:Now March 24 and not even shipped yet.
Of course, you have discussed this with Shopsmith.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

jsburger wrote:This morning at 9:00 I placed an order for the new speed chart and wood chart on the email special. I also ordered 6 blade backup rods for the old style jig saw. They also fit the 10ER jig saw.

Well, did you get your chart in a timely manner?
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

dusty wrote:

IFF he was part of the 20%! :D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
masonsailor2
Platinum Member

Post by masonsailor2 »

Ordered a replacement quill on Oct 11 2017. Still waiting and machine is still down. The newest blurb from SS now says April. I love these machines but having a machine down for seven months is getting old.
Paul
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

I talked to them a couple weeks ago about the quills,,my machine has been down as well,, they said the shafts were in but still waiting on other parts , was also told April , I bought another saw just so I could finish a couple projects,,.
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

dusty wrote:

Yes I did. I ordered it on Saturday 3 Mar. It was in Fedex's hands Tuesday 6 Mar and I got it Wednesday 14 Mar. The reason it took Fedex so long was because they mis-routed it. When it got to Salt Lake they sent it to their sorting facility down by Provo instead of up to the Ogden sorting facility. That added 2 days to the shipping time. The original delivery date was Monday 12 Mar.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT