Hey, Dusty

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dusty
Platinum Member

Re: Hey, Dusty

Post by dusty »

The shop, my shop that is, just might begin to look like a place where I could build something. The electrician comes today to install overhead lighting and two 115vac/20amp circuits. Tomorrow, Home Depot is scheduled to deliver three 36" Garage Storage Cabinets. Once that is done, I can begin unpacking u-haul boxes and setting up equipment.

It has been a long time coming.

Fast Forward about 1 1/2 hours: I now have 6 outlets spread across the two opposing walls and sixteen feet of overhead LED lighting in the shop.

I could have done this job myself in about one week. Watching two licensed electricians do it instead in a couple hours has been a real joy. In addition to that, it doesn't look as though I did it.

Furthermore, it would pass an inspection!
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

The shop is still in turmoil; far to much stuff still in boxes but I am making progress.

I have had everything running to make certain that it all came through the relocation move without being damaged. It all runs but seems a bit noisier than I remember. I am hoping that a good lubrication and inspection will reveal that "all is well".

Really like the new shop lights.

With the new wiring completed I now have four independent circuits serving the shop. Two are 20amp circuits dedicated to the shop and two are 15amp circuits that were there (part of the original build).

Notice that the water softener is no more. All that is left there is a short copper run where the bypass valve had been.
20180710_150209.jpg
20180710_150209.jpg (126.56 KiB) Viewed 6163 times
20180710_150234.jpg
20180710_150234.jpg (116.63 KiB) Viewed 6163 times
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

dusty wrote:The shop is still in turmoil; far to much stuff still in boxes but I am making progress.

I have everything running to make certain that it all came through the relocation move without being damaged. It all runs but seems a bit noisier than I remember. I am hoping that a good lubrication and inspection will reveal that "all is well".

Really like the new shop lights.

20180710_150209.jpg
20180710_150234.jpg
WOW! It really looks like it is coming along.

I think 'remember' is the key word. You have been away from the noise for a while and you are in a new environment which is still full of stuff. All that makes a difference. I doubt there is anything wrong, it is just a different place.

Looking forward to see the shop when it is "finished" :rolleyes: .
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
Billdit
Gold Member

Post by Billdit »

How many bandsaws would be too many bandsaws? Great lighting!
Bill

Mark V 1981 upgraded to 520 and PowerPro, w/ Band Saw, Belt Sander, Jointer, Jigsaw, and a bunch of previous owners 1980's jigs, accessories, and unknown parts.
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

Billdit wrote:How many bandsaws would be too many bandsaws? Great lighting!
Three or maybe four. I have a SS BS on a dedicated power stand. I also have a Powermatic 14" BS with a 12" riser block (used mostly for resawing). So three maybe too many unless I get to the point of needing an 18" BS. Then I guess four would be too many. :D :D :D
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I use both bandsaws on a regular basis (when the shop is functional that is). One is dedicated for resawing; the other for all else. That way I don't have to stop and change blades. Though it could be said that I don't really need a dedicated bandsaw for resawing.

BUT - too many - NEVER TOO MANY tools.The lighting is certainly different. The proof will not come, however, until I get make to work
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

dusty wrote:I use both bandsaws on a regular basis (when the shop is functional that is). One is dedicated for resawing; the other for all else. That way I don't have to stop and change blades. Though it could be said that I don't really need a dedicated bandsaw for resawing.

BUT - too many - NEVER TOO MANY tools.The lighting is certainly different. The proof will not come, however, until I get make to work
Right on Dusty!
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
Gene Howe
Platinum Member

Post by Gene Howe »

Man, that lighting is fantastic. And, everything is so clean. Can't wait to see some dust flying.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Gene Howe wrote:Man, that lighting is fantastic. And, everything is so clean. Can't wait to see some dust flying.
It might be considered clean but it sure is disorderly.

I'll not openly admit this to SWMBO but I need to "downsize" even more. Ever box I open has "stuff" that amounts to nothing more than clutter. I keep an open trash can available when I am working in the shop area.

Yes, the lighting is fantastic (at least for me). Some who have been in the shop say it is "too bright".
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Gene Howe
Platinum Member

Post by Gene Howe »

I suppose a shop could be too bright but, your lighting looks great, to me.