power pro in for repair building backup headstock

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

kd6vpe
Platinum Member

Re: power pro in for repair building backup headstock

Post by kd6vpe »

Dusty,
Thats OK it is rather frustrating to work with them now a days. I forgot to take my tinnerman clips off my power supply when I sent it and the return did not have them so I have to try to get some. I guess I will have to take them of my goldie headstock for now and them figure out where to buy some new ones. Not sure of the size at this time.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

I would call CS and insist they 'return' my clips(or ones to replace them).

Poor attention to detail IMHO.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
rcplaneguy
Platinum Member

Post by rcplaneguy »

My ace hardware has a nice selection of tinnerman clips.
Billdit
Gold Member

Post by Billdit »

[quote="kd6vpe"]Dusty,
Thats OK it is rather frustrating to work with them now a days....

Due to so many complaints about not returning calls, out of stock, taking months to fix warranty problems, etc, I think it is time that Shopsmith back the car out of the garage they work out of and sell it and invest the money in solving these problems...😎
Bill

Mark V 1981 upgraded to 520 and PowerPro, w/ Band Saw, Belt Sander, Jointer, Jigsaw, and a bunch of previous owners 1980's jigs, accessories, and unknown parts.
kd6vpe
Platinum Member

Post by kd6vpe »

Lowes had the clips for less than $2. They are #8's which might be alittle big but I can always put in bigger screws. I will do it this way so I can have my machine back today instead of waiting for you know who to send them.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

kd6vpe wrote:Lowes had the clips for less than $2. They are #8's which might be alittle big but I can always put in bigger screws. I will do it this way so I can have my machine back today instead of waiting for you know who to send them.
I would do BOTH!!!!.

Bigger screws will likely require hole enlargement(not a good idea on a warranty replacement part).
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
kd6vpe
Platinum Member

Post by kd6vpe »

Well,
Not only did I not get the tinnerman clips. The bottom screw hole on the display was stripped out and it is not my display as the face plate was a little goobered up. Not a functional problem but I know it is not my original.
I do have a working Power Pro now and that I am happy for. I will melt a tie wrap into the hole of the display and re-tap it as it has worked loose with just a few uses today. They are not paying attention to detail as JPG mentioned. We are on our own I believe once the warranty expires. They do not work on the electronics at Shopsmith per their repair tech on the phone with me. So that would be why the replacement cost if out of warranty. We will need an electronic geek on this forum to help us in the future if the power supply goes bad. I believe the database info from the chart is part of the display unit and not the power supply. The power supply probably responds to commands from the display unit. Just a guess but I will try to find out for future reference.