Work Sharp 3000 at Sears

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

fjimp
Platinum Member

Post by fjimp »

dickg1 wrote:Just came home from picking mine up at Sears. I didn't believe it until I put it in my car and starting driving away. SWMBO said she thought I already had one of "those" things. I admitted I did but just couldn't pass picking this one up for $19.25 including tax. She shrugged - but I know what that means !

Yes, this one was the last available anywhere within 50 miles of my home.

Dick
Do Dick to whom are you selling it,,, say for twice or three times the price paid? Just think how proud your wife will be:D
F. Jim Parks
Lakewood, Colorado:)

When the love of power is replaced by the power of love the world will have a chance for survival.
mixmansc
Bronze Member

Post by mixmansc »

They have taken it off the site now.... I did try yesterday but could not order and no store within 50 miles had one in stock.
heathicus
Platinum Member

Post by heathicus »

Man, I'm so close to one of these, but so far away!

The Work Sharp 3000 has been listed on the Sears web site on and off all day. I managed to catch it when it was listed just long enough to do a store availability lookup. The closest store to have it in stock is about 120 miles away. I have people there that could pick it up for me - or I wouldn't mind the drive there this weekend - but the site still won't let me add it to my cart. I called the store and they verified they had 1 in stock but they can't ship it to me (of course). They can price match with the web site, but I can only order it over the phone with a Sears card (which I don't have and don't want). I guess I'll call Saturday and see if by some miracle they still have it and go from there.
wlhayesmfs
Platinum Member

Post by wlhayesmfs »

I'm with the guy that could not find it. Nothing on line and nothing at the stores. Tried about 2 hours after this started and nothing to be had in the Tulsa stores. Guess the old way will still have to working for sharping for a while longer.
Good find on the MKV and extras. Guys around there think the old greenies are still worth 5-600 in any type of shape and not extras.
Bill :)
Broken Arrow OK
MKV, 510, MKVll, 50th Anniversary 520 with Jointech saw train, Bandsaw, scroll saw, joiner, 6" Sander,Stand Alone Pin Router and Router Table, Strip Sander, Jigsaw & (4) ER's plus Jigsaw for ER. DC SS RAS
scooters
Gold Member

Post by scooters »

I didn't get in on the online deal. I printed out the ad and tried to play store roulette. There are none in our local stores.

One of the managers told me that they got an e-mail that the price had been mistyped on the web (I suspect 179.99 was right). He said that they honored the web orders before the problem was caught.

I was fine with that until he spouted off how the "legally" didn't have to honor the price. I indicated that was fine as long as I "legally" didn't have to shop there again. I turned and briskly walked out.

.......their future sales prevention team did their job well!
Scooters

.. ..-. -.-- --- ..- .- .-. . .-. . .- -.. .. -. --. - .... .. ...
-.-- --- ..- .... .- ...- . - --- --- -- ..- -.-. .... - .. -- .
--- -. -.-- --- ..- .-. .... .- -. -.. ... :rolleyes:
claimdude
Gold Member

Worksharp 3000 and Sears

Post by claimdude »

I called my local Sears and was told they were out of stock but they could order for $109.99. Still a great deal. I didn't order one asI have a Jet wet sharpener so don't need the Worksharp that bad.

Jack
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

scooters wrote:I didn't get in on the online deal. I printed out the ad and tried to play store roulette. There are none in our local stores.

One of the managers told me that they got an e-mail that the price had been mistyped on the web (I suspect 179.99 was right). He said that they honored the web orders before the problem was caught.

I was fine with that until he spouted off how the "legally" didn't have to honor the price. I indicated that was fine as long as I "legally" didn't have to shop there again. I turned and briskly walked out.

Hopefully I am misreading the intent here but....

I hardly believe that not being able to take advantage of the stores obvious error is good reason for being ticked off at the store or the manager.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
heathicus
Platinum Member

Post by heathicus »

dusty wrote:Hopefully I am misreading the intent here but....

I hardly believe that not being able to take advantage of the stores obvious error is good reason for being ticked off at the store or the manager.
I took it more as a response to the store manager's attitude.
fjimp
Platinum Member

Post by fjimp »

scooters wrote:I didn't get in on the online deal. I printed out the ad and tried to play store roulette. There are none in our local stores.

Ouch I hope I misunderstand your feeling here. If a merchant no matter how large is forced to sell units at at ridiculous low price due to a printing error it would spell the end of many retail companies and likely the end of the free enterprise system all together. I understand that not everyone can afford high prices. I understand that every time another business fails we come that much closer to the end of our economic system. I am feeling a bit as though America can not afford to lose many more business entities. fjimp:confused:
F. Jim Parks
Lakewood, Colorado:)

When the love of power is replaced by the power of love the world will have a chance for survival.
ryanbp01
Platinum Member

Post by ryanbp01 »

For those of you who were able to take advantage of the situation, congratulations on your recent purchase. :) But how many of you would have pointed out the error and paid the price that Sears normally would have charged? :rolleyes: Not to sound preachy, but you may wish to keep that in mind the next time you go to Sears or any other store for that matter and feel you have been overcharged! Would you have done the same if it was a Shopsmith purchase?

BPR