Value of a 10ER

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

cincinnati
Platinum Member

Value of a 10ER

Post by cincinnati »

What is a 10 er worth? I know condition will very. Just looking for a low and high range. Average price etc... If in working order $400????? I have no clue at all.
PTWFE
Gold Member

Post by PTWFE »

It seems that very few "whole" machines are sold on eBay and those that are usually only bring a couple hundred bucks and are for local pickup only. I've seen a few on Craigslist lately ranging from $250 - $450.

Unfortunately I think you'd get more for it parting it out. Speed changers are commanding a premium of late on eBay.

Have you posed your question on the 10ER Yahoo list? If not sign up and ask there. Lots of knowledgeable folks there to advise you on the 10ER.
Thank you, Dr. Goldschmidt
From a Shopsmith activist since 1983 ;)
billmayo
Platinum Member

10ER Value

Post by billmayo »

The 10ER is an excellant machine but most of them have not been restored or maintained in show room condition. I have been lucky to buy 2 really nice 10ERs with 4E joiner, jigsaw and speed changer for $200 in the past 5 years. Most of my 10ERs were brought for $5 to $100 max. Average $50 per unit. The best looking 10ER I have seen pictures of is/was owned by Skip Campbell. He had said he would sell it. The following Ebay 10ER is the next best one but he did not get what he wanted for it. Shopsmith 1949 SHOW CUSTOM 10ER-Original owner Item number: 150218926479

I have converted several of my 10ERs to DC motors and controllers as I like to use the 10ERs better than the Mark Vs. I have modified them to accept all the Mark V SPTs, 500 main and extension tables. The 10ER makes an outstanding drill press.

Bill Mayo
cincinnati wrote:What is a 10 er worth? I know condition will very. Just looking for a low and high range. Average price etc... If in working order $400????? I have no clue at all.
osx-addict
Gold Member

Post by osx-addict »

Bill --

That ebay 10ER is just down the road from me in San Pedro.. That's perhaps a 15 minute drive from my house.. Great looking machine too..
Rick
S/W of Los Angeles, CA
1983 Mark V model 510 (SN#140061)