Remember the Weebles?

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

db5
Platinum Member

Remember the Weebles?

Post by db5 »

Weebles - A toy marketed in 1971 and later. Tipping an egg-shaped Weeble causes a weight located at the bottom-center to be lifted off the bottom. Once released, gravitational force brings the Weeble back into an upright position. The add on TV showed one not tipping over with the phrase “Weebles wobble but they don’t fall down.”

With that in mind:

In Oklahoma whenever the wind comes sweeping over the plains it often blows cows abeam to the wind over but has no affect on bulls. A cow asked a bull why and he said, “Weebles wobble but we don’t fall down.” No he didn’t. He said, “It’s because you don’t have a kickstand.”
jsburger
Platinum Member

Re: Remember the Weebles?

Post by jsburger »

db5 wrote:Weebles - A toy marketed in 1971 and later. Tipping an egg-shaped Weeble causes a weight located at the bottom-center to be lifted off the bottom. Once released, gravitational force brings the Weeble back into an upright position. The add on TV showed one not tipping over with the phrase “Weebles wobble but they don’t fall down.”

With that in mind:

In Oklahoma whenever the wind comes sweeping over the plains it often blows cows abeam to the wind over but has no affect on bulls. A cow asked a bull why and he said, “Weebles wobble but we don’t fall down.” No he didn’t. He said, “It’s because you don’t have a kickstand.”
I guess that must be an Oklahoma thing. :( :eek:
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

It is farm boy humor.

One of these days I will reveal how to quickly count the cows in a field. :D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
dickg1
Gold Member

Post by dickg1 »

Counting cows in a field is just an application of simple math. You count the legs and divide by four.
Dick
robinson46176
Platinum Member

Post by robinson46176 »

Our 4 kids had Weebles growing up... Along with a lot of Fisher-Price "Little people".
Even today our youngest daughter, now about 50, will respond to the nickname "Weeble". :)

In one episode of the old British TV comedy "Are You Being Served" They were selling Weebles in their store but in the show they called them "Wibbly Wobblies". :)

Probably more than you ever wanted to know about Weebles... :D

--
farmer
Francis Robinson
I did not equip with Shopsmiths in spite of the setups but because of them.
1 1988 - Mark V 510 (bought new), 4 Poly vee 1 1/8th HP Mark V's, Mark VII, 1 Mark V Mini, 1 Frankensmith, 1 10-ER, 1 Mark V Push-me-Pull-me Drillpress, SS bandsaw, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw, shaper attach, mortising attach, TS-3650 Rigid tablesaw, RAS, 6" long bed jointer, Foley/Belsaw Planer/molder/ripsaw, 1" sander, oscillating spindle/belt sander, Scroll saw, Woodmizer sawmill
Gene Howe
Platinum Member

Post by Gene Howe »

A bit earlier, but wasn't there a blow up toy about 4' or so tall, that served as a punching dummy who always bounced back?
Edit: Looks like they're still being marketed. Amazon has a huge variety. I gotta get out more.
joedw00
Platinum Member

Post by joedw00 »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Joe

520, Bandsaw, Beltsander, Delta Drill Press, Delta Lathe, Craftsman Planner/Jointer, Delta Planner, Mini "Greenie" Shorty 500

Being a VETERAN is an honor
Being a GRANDPA is priceless
Hobbyman2
Platinum Member

Post by Hobbyman2 »

I dont know about all that,,, but when I was a kid dad bought me a metal frame with a net attached to it with springs , you threw a baseball at it and it bounced back,you could play catch and practice throwing a ball by your self ,,, like to knocked me out the first time I threw the ball as hard as I could, it bounced back smacked me right between the eyes.
Hobbyman2 Favorite Quote: "If a man does his best, what else is there?"
- General George S. Patton (1885-1945)
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

dickg1 wrote:Counting cows in a field is just an application of simple math. You count the legs and divide by four.
Dick
Close! :D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange