powerpro install drill guide

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

jmarczew
Bronze Member

powerpro install drill guide

Post by jmarczew »

I bought an uninstalled power pro upgrade kit. After purchase while checking parts list found the drill guide is missing. Does anyone have a leftover drill guide after their install upgrade? I would really appreciate it.
Skizzity
Gold Member

Re: RE: powerpro install drill guide

Post by Skizzity »

jmarczew wrote:I bought an uninstalled power pro upgrade kit. After purchase while checking parts list found the drill guide is missing. Does anyone have a leftover drill guide after their install upgrade? I would really appreciate it.
Did you contact customer service? I'm sure they could get you one and make it right.
PowerPro Mark 7, 11" Bandsaw, 4" Jointer, 12" Professional Planer, DC3300 Dust Collector, DW745, DW718 w/ DW723 and a DW788 w/ DW7880.
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. -Winston Churchill
jmarczew
Bronze Member

Re: powerpro install drill guide

Post by jmarczew »

contacted them today. They are calling me back. No part number for guide but they are checking if its available seperately
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

I bought one in 2015

It isn't listed for on-line ordering nor does it come up even today with the part number... but they have it, or can get it...

It is the metal piece, and the paper templates are 845628 and 845629 and the paper templates are available for on-line ordering.

Any headstock I refurbish, I pre-drill for a future PowerPro upgrade so it will be ready.

Here's a copy of my order FYI

Everett
PowerPro Drill Guide.png
PowerPro Drill Guide.png (43.42 KiB) Viewed 9502 times
Last edited by everettdavis on Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jmarczew
Bronze Member

Post by jmarczew »

Thanks for the information. Waiting on callback. But Will call tomorrow and reference your order.
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

Okay - I'm stumped. What the hell is a PowerPro drill guide assembly? (522625 power pro DIY drill guide assem) Tried many searches with no luck.
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

charlese wrote:Okay - I'm stumped. What the hell is a PowerPro drill guide assembly? (522625 power pro DIY drill guide assem) Tried many searches with no luck.
If you do the DIY Power Pro upgrade your self there are holes you have to drill in the head stock to install some of the components.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
kd6vpe
Platinum Member

Post by kd6vpe »

charlese,

You have to drill six holes in the headstock for the motor mount they supply you will a metal drill guide that helps make the hole alignment correct the the motor. You also get two paper templates for drilling holes to mount the power supply to the headstock. Hope this helps you only get these if you order the do it yourself kit which I just did.
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

If a picture is worth a thousand words then their video is worth several thousand.

See http://www.shopsmith.com/shopsmithpowerpro/pp_diy.htm for a three minute video that shows the process including the drilling templates in an overview.

There is another video that shows the process in more detail there as well. Almost 2 hours long so there is a lot of detail in it.

Everett
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

Thanks! Now I know. I have one laying on my workbench, just didn't recognize the name.
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA