How many forum members does it take to change a light bulb........

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

dasgud
Gold Member

How many forum members does it take to change a light bulb........

Post by dasgud »

This was copied from an e-mail sent by a friend. I'm going to post to all the forums I read.

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in emails about changing light bulbs
5 to flame the spell checkers
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
19 to email that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb group
11 to defend the posting to this group saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the emails are relevant to this group
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
7 to email URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
4 to email that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
3 to email about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all emails to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
5 to email to the group that they will no longer email because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before emailing questions about light bulbs"
1 group lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

Made me laugh :) hope it makes you smile too.

stay safe everyone
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

And I thought this forum was active!

We not be close to that one!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

dasgud wrote:This was copied from an e-mail sent by a friend. I'm going to post to all the forums I read.

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
7 to point out spelling/grammar errors in emails about changing light bulbs
5 to flame the spell checkers
3 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ... another 6 to condemn those 6 as stupid
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper term is "lamp"
15 know-it-alls who claim they were in the industry, and that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
19 to email that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb group
11 to defend the posting to this group saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the emails are relevant to this group
36 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty
7 to email URL's where one can see examples of different light bulbs
4 to email that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL's
3 to email about links they found from the URL's that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group
13 to link all emails to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
5 to email to the group that they will no longer email because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
13 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before emailing questions about light bulbs"
1 group lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now and start it all over again.

Made me laugh :) hope it makes you smile too.

stay safe everyone

Thank you, dasgud. If asked, I would say this forum is "right on". Most of us don't share opinions very openly:rolleyes: but I think I could put names to many of those categories.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
mikelst
Gold Member

Post by mikelst »

dusty wrote:Thank you, dasgud. If asked, I would say this forum is "right on". Most of us don't share opinions very openly:rolleyes: but I think I could put names to many of those categories.
Now,,, who would that be???:confused:
Mike......... Rowlett, Texas, near Dallas
86 MK V 500/520. 59 MK 5 Greenie Shorty. SS Jointer, SS Planer,
SS Bandsaw, SS Lathe duplicator, SS Belt Sander,SS Molder & Shaper,
SS Tenon master jig, SS Mortising kit, SS 2 1/4' Drum Sanders, Ringmaster, DC3300....
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Dasgud: You missed one!

1 to object that light bulb was not 'made in the USA'!

Take it as a good natured poke A1!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
joedw00
Platinum Member

Post by joedw00 »

Do we really want to change the light bulb, or just stay in the dark? :D :D :D
Joe

520, Bandsaw, Beltsander, Delta Drill Press, Delta Lathe, Craftsman Planner/Jointer, Delta Planner, Mini "Greenie" Shorty 500

Being a VETERAN is an honor
Being a GRANDPA is priceless
papahammer8
Gold Member

Post by papahammer8 »

turn out the lights the partys over
jim bandy lafayette alabama 79 model 500 /80 model 500/94model 510 mini/ planer/dc3300/bandsaw/jointer/ lathe duplicator/ router table with a porter cablerouter.
terrydowning
Platinum Member

Post by terrydowning »

And of course one must add a sufficient number of "self-help" enthusiast posters that will comment that the light bulb will "change" on it's own when it is ready and in its own time.;)
--
Terry
Copy and paste the URLs into your browser if you want to see the photos.

1955 Shopsmith Mark 5 S/N 296860 Workshop and Tools
https://1drv.ms/i/s!AmpX5k8IhN7ahFCo9VvTDsCpoV_g

Public Photos of Projects
http://sdrv.ms/MaXNLX
burkhome
Gold Member

Post by burkhome »

Don't forget about the guy who chimes in and reminds that if it was an incandescent light bulb it is mute anyway since the government is outlawing them.
Roger, Waupun Wisconsin