Not allowed to leave home anymore

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

masonsailor2
Platinum Member

Re: Not allowed to leave home anymore

Post by masonsailor2 »

And here in Ca our Governor Moonbeam is recommending we start taking fewer showers !
Paul
davebodner
Gold Member

Post by davebodner »

When I lived is So Cal, I took some very modest efforts to reduce my own water use. Sounds like more radical efforts are need now.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

masonsailor2 wrote:And here in Ca our Governor Moonbeam is recommending we start taking fewer showers !
Paul
I am not sure that I would go along with fewer showers but shorter showers maybe.

OR take showers as though you had to haul the hot water in a bucket. For some reason that dramatically reduces water consumption. Ask me how I know.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

dusty wrote:
masonsailor2 wrote:And here in Ca our Governor Moonbeam is recommending we start taking fewer showers !
Paul
I am not sure that I would go along with fewer showers but shorter showers maybe.

OR take showers as though you had to haul the hot water in a bucket. For some reason that dramatically reduces water consumption. Ask me how I know.
You can always shower with your spouse. One shower, two people. However, I doubt that would save water. That shower probably would last longer than two individual showers provided you have a large enough hot water tank. :D :D

Then there is this. We have two rental properties in Sacramento and one of them has no water meter and that is not the only house that has no water meter.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

And they did nothing about that when you reported it?
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

You don't need to report it. That is the way it is in parts of Sacramento. The city just charges a flat rate for water. They charge by the rooms that have water. This house costs $45 a month no matter how much you use including watering the yard. Of course watering the yard is restricted now regardless.

Here in Utah where I live out in the country the meter only trips every 1000 gallons. We have a flat rate for the first 3000 gallons (or less) and it has been $12 for years and it is $1 for every 1000 gallons over 3000. A year or so ago they raised the minimum to $16 for the first 3000 gallons. I rarely use over 3000 gallons. I water my lawn from a pump and water on my property so it doesn't cost anything but the electricity to run the pump. I water when I want and as much as I want. No it is not wasting water. The water I use just runs to the Great Salt Lake about 5 miles west of me and there is nobody down stream to use it.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
lightnin
Platinum Member

Post by lightnin »

It rained every day I was off work and I couldn't put in the pier ... Then I was glad because the lake came up so much I woulda needed to take it back out.
Lakes down some now so I wanna get it in before the 4th.
eartigas
Gold Member

Post by eartigas »

Carmel, NY under almost daily rain. All outdoor painting projects cancelled for now.
Same story last few years
ExtraMile
Gold Member

Post by ExtraMile »

Pittsburgh, South Hills. At the very least, 10 inches of rain in the last 3 weeks. And guess what, we are in for 4 to 5 more inches. My garden has become a swamp, I wonder if cattails can be consumed? I am sick, sick, sick of this!
I am a true blue Xylophiliac, who also is a Nemophiliac ;)
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

ExtraMile wrote:Pittsburgh, South Hills. At the very least, 10 inches of rain in the last 3 weeks. And guess what, we are in for 4 to 5 more inches. My garden has become a swamp, I wonder if cattails can be consumed? I am sick, sick, sick of this!

Start a fish farm. :D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange