ShopSmith Mark V 845525 owner manual

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

TheStuff
Bronze Member

ShopSmith Mark V 845525 owner manual

Post by TheStuff »

Anyone know where I can download this user manual? I think it is ridiculous that shopsmith wants to charge me $30 for this. I am sure ShopSmith will take my $30 and send me a digital copy (which then I have to pay for paper and ink) this cost them nothing except for maybe 50MB of server space.....

The manual I need is (1993 year manufactured) ShopSmith Mark V item # 845525.

Thanks
garys
Platinum Member

Re: ShopSmith Mark V 845525 owner manual

Post by garys »

I'm not sure exactly what information you need, but Shopsmith has most of the information available here for download.
http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/productmanuals.htm
TheStuff
Bronze Member

Post by TheStuff »

This is the answer I received via email from shop smith:

"If you would like a manual for a model 510 it is 845525 for $29.99"
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

garys wrote:I'm not sure exactly what information you need, but Shopsmith has most of the information available here for download.
http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/productmanuals.htm
But NO Mark V Manual per se. I do not think the $30 one is a 'digital copy'.

Now getting one 1993 vintage is another matter.

Did you ask re dated version and if printed?

My 1985 version is 160 pages with binder and dividers.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

The 510 came out in 1985 and the 520 in 1999

There is a manual for 500 / 510 on eBay at the moment for $21.95 that should have some of the era specific things you seek, but again pinning it down to 1993 is a stretch if you still haven't found one.
cadman57
Gold Member

Post by cadman57 »

I have a 3-ring binder manual that covers in detail both the model 500 and the model 510.
About six months ago, I brought it to work and scanned the entire 510 section - including alignment, parts ID, troubleshooting, and setups.
The .PDF file is 46 pages long and the size is 6.4 MB so it should email just fine.
If anyone wants this model 510 information, simply send me an email at dfort57@yahoo.com and I will gladly send the file to you. You may choose to print it out, but you can also simply access it on the computer or other gizmo.

NOTE: I have an extensive collection of manuals from equipment I have purchased to build up my own shopsmith shop including large assortment of ER literature / greenie era manual / goldie era manual / mark VII manual / models 500, 510, and 520 / most every SPT / and most of the other type items such as biscuit joiner, taper jig, etc.

I would be happy to help out any shopsmith users with information that shopsmith should have FREE on their website for every single tool the currently sell or used to sell. I constantly call shopsmith and suggest they update their offereings in that section to include ALL of their product literature.
Call them and ask them why provide for free a copy of the bandsaw manual, but not the jointer manual or something to that effect.
Simply email me and let me know what you are looking for. If I have it, I will send the file to you. Enjoy your shopsmith equipment and be safe at all times !!!!