To Get Started, we want to help you get to know your machine. KNOWING WHICH MODEL MACHINE YOU OWN IS IMPORTANT so you can identify your machine model in case you need to speak with Customer Service regarding assistance/advise on:
- Servicing your machine;
- Ordering Accessories, Upgrades and Service Parts.
See Our New Video Showcasing Key Machine Differences
The most obvious difference between machine models is the size and configuration of the main work tables as show in the three photos below:
MODEL 500 WORK TABLE
- About 14-1/4 by 18-1/4 inches
MODEL 510 WORK TABLE
- About 17-1/2 by 22 inches
- 48% Bigger than the Model 500 Work Table
MODEL 520 & MARK 7 WORK TABLE
- About 17-1/2 by 22 inches (Same size as Model 510)
- Features Extruded Rails to allow for Easier Fence Mounting and Direct Reading Scale.
Shopsmith Smart Motors (Power Plants) As Shown Below:
CONVENTIONAL Smart Motor
- Mechanical Speed Change System
MARK 7 POWERPRO Smart Motor
- Computerized Digital Speed Change System
Want to Know Some More Details About Your Machine?
For more details about machine differences and to determine which year your machine was produced (based upon serial numbers) – click the appropriate box below:
What You Can Expect Next From the Shopsmith Getting Started Series:
The “Getting Started” series will cover the steps you must take before you start to use your Shopsmith. Please Note: Make sure to follow the outlined steps BEFORE YOU RUN YOUR MACHINE FOR THE FIRST TIME TO AVOID POSSIBLE DAMAGE.
Later, check back for parts 3-11, which are informative topics and videos on Getting Ready To Use Your Machine, Safety and how to use each of the Seven Tools in the Shopsmith Woodworking System.